Mike Shaw Subaru - A Green Dealership
Mike Shaw Subaru is making an extra effort to go above and beyond when it comes to taking care of the environment. This past week, Mike Shaw Subaru installed two Clean Burn furnaces.
What is Clean Burn?
Clean Burn is a special type of furnace that efficiently recycles and burns used oil from cars, trucks and heavy equipment to heat spaces and water. Clean Burn provides Mike Shaw Subaru with an eco-friendly way to dispose of used oil and heat our shop area. Colorado winters can make the shop pretty cold and heating the area can greatly increase our energy usage. Used oil waste can be a burden and damage our environment if not handled properly. With the Clean Burn system, Mike Shaw Subaru is able to take our environmental stewardship to the next level.
How does this apply to you?
When you bring your Denver Subaru or used car in for an oil change, Mike Shaw Subaru uses the waste oil to heat the shop and detail bay where our wonderful Subaru Certified Technicians and lot techs work to keep your Subaru in tip-top shape!
At Mike Shaw Subaru, we strive to conduct business in an environment-friendly manner. In addition to the Clean Burn system, we make being "green" part of our everyday routine by doing the following:
- Our Sales, Finance and Business departments take part in secure shredding and recycling of outdated documents.
- Our Service Department properly disposes and recycles certain shop chemicals.
- Our Parts Department recycles all of their cardboard boxes.
- Our showroom floor has several recycling receptacles available for customer use.
- We recently upgraded our facilities lighting to be eco-friendly. It has cut our energy usage in half.
Subaru of American, Inc. Environmental Policy
Subaru of America, Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. of Japan. Headquartered in Cherry Hill, New Jersey, the company markets and distributes all-wheel drive Subaru vehicles, parts and accessories.
SOA understands its responsibility to the global environment, society at large, our customers, our distribution network and our employees. As we conduct our business operations into the future, we commit to establish and maintain an effective environmental management system that extends further than just meeting the stated environmental laws and regulations, and that encompasses the integration of sound environmental practices in all of our business decisions.
We commit to:
- Comply with all environmental laws and regulations and other requirements related to our business activities.
- Implement effective pollution prevention systems that protect our air, land and water.
- Conserve natural resources, by reducing, reusing and recycling materials.
- Continuous improvement of our Environmental Management System (EMS).
- Create employee awareness and commitment to SOA's Environmental Philosophy and Policy.
- Work with SOA's business partners to improve their operational impact on the environment.
Subaru of America, Inc. reaffirms our commitment to being a world-class leader in environmental performance.
Chairman, President & CEO